Friday, February 6, 2009

Magic Rings and Mystic Bling: part 3:
Dr. Strange "Flight of Bones" Icon - Ring

Featured today is another "custom-made" ring.
While it is a custom-made item; I did neither commission, nor design it.



The central icon of the ring is the "demon" shape that was briefly worn by Doctor Strange. This version of the chest-symbol on Strange's tunic was designed by Tony Harris for the 01999 mini-series "Doctor Strange: Flight of Bones", where it was first featured, and then was used in some subsequent appearances for a short while.
The symbol was designed with a single eye as an Agamotto-inspired homage.

The ring, which I purchased in the year 02001 (if I recall correctly) was from a jewelery maker online.
The seller (whose name and contact info I no longer possess) lived overseas, (Argentina? Uruguay? Brazil? Pago Pago? I forget where) and he had these rings available for a limited time.

Cast from silver with a wine-red enameled base-setting, the "demon" shape raised in bas-relief.

It's a beautiful piece of work, polished to a fine shine and is bold enough of size and shape to give justice to the design.

I've never been a big fan of this particular "demon" symbol, preferring the straight-torso "classic" version, but that doesn't take away from the beauty of this ring.

Since I never wear it, it was purchased strictly for my display collection, and a fine addition it is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment