Sunday, September 11, 2011

A DAY and AGE of HEROES!
9-11 : Ten Years After

It's almost impossible to believe that it has been 10 years since the attacks on American soil on 9-11-2001.

I can still remember the events as vividly, and as tragically as if they were happening before my eyes today. The scenes of unbelievable magnitude that unfolded - live... as it happened before millions of viewers - are etched forever in my mind.

I was supposed to have a few job interviews lined up, but each had been rescheduled to a week or so later, so I was safely home in my then-apartment on Long Island, NY. Due to the utter chaos that was transpiring, many in the heart of NYC had no idea what to do or where to go. So, while I was frantically calling everyone I knew who was in New York City that day, and relaying information that was being given on the news to those with whom I could reach (of where to go, what areas were clear, etc..) there were others who were doing what THEY could... in the very heart of it all.

First responders arrived from all across the New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania area, and more kept coming from all over the country!
Policemen, Firefighters, Armed Forces personnel...
E.M.T's, Clergy, and average citizens with above average bravery...
ALL CAME FORWARD in this time of need!

HEROES!

So, while we may like to fantasize about our fictional heroes...

Our DEFENDERS...



Our AVENGERS...



Even our LEAGUES of JUSTICE...



NEVER FORGET the REAL HEROES that walked among us that day.



Never Forget...
that we live in an age of...
REAL HEROES!


We Must NEVER Forget.


0 comments:

Post a Comment